The biggest achievement for the last twenty years of intergration is moving from a centrally planned economy to market economy, from self-sufficiency production to an open economy in the background of multilateral trade rules.
After twenty years, Vietnamese export has witnessed a 30 times increase, GDP and GDP per capita have also raised respectively by 10 times and 8 times.
Without intergration, we cannot see our deficiency. The more we integrate, the more weaknesses will be revealed. It requires us to be strict with ourselves, actively reform, continuously improve our institutions and overcome imperfections.
The evaluation of achievements and weaknesses has to be put into the context of the integration movement; though some progress has been made, it is still inching along in many aspects while other partners are reforming faster and stronger than us.
Therefore, integration is a chance for the country, or else, it poses a threat if we slacken and just immerse ourselves in achievements already accomplished.
Integration requires the government and enterprises to continuously reform and self-adjust to improve.
Through the thematic of Integration and Globalization, enterprises expect:
More than ever before, politicians, entrepreneurs ‘who hold the leadership mission’ to create synergy of the country, grasp opportunities and overcome challenges.
Enterprises should reflect on intrinsic weaknesses and encountered problems through the forum and Young Entrepreneurs Association to find solutions and establish a dialogue with Government.
International cooperation will bring more knowledge and opportunities for entrepreneurs.
- Private enterprises’ self-recognition:
- There are a great number of successful businesses and industries; however, considering at the national level, there are still burning issues such as low competitiveness, inadequate human resources, slow growth of productivity, low level of innovation, and unsustainable development…
- To self-discover own weaknesses in national governance and business administration, public-service cultural standards and bussiness culture, lack of procedures, norms and practical capacity
- Along with public authorities, enterprises are recommended to find the root of weaknesses and hold constructive dialogue in order to find solutions.
- Enterprises recognize and expect from the Government:
- Continuous reform with particular measures to improve competitiveness rankings in the world, increase the index of national education and training, raise the ranking of attractive business environment and set goals for each year.
- Integration is posing the biggest challenge to civil authority which requires the state apparatus to continuously improve the cognitive, culture and public administrative standards, to be open to private firms and to remove disadvantages for businesses.
- A key factor for economic development is to actively enhance the administration capacity of the government.
- Government should continue to guide enterprises to apply multilateral trading systems such as anti-dumping measures, technical methods or regional and international standards; anti-pricing-transfer capacity and tax evasion, annexation, unfair competition. In addition the Government should continue to improve the efficiency in the practice of ‘one-stop’ business registration processes, trade promotion and investment (with a focus on domestic investment). Government must plan and enact more effectively the policies of food safety, biosecurity and environmental safety to enable public services and business administration to catch up with any requirements for development.
- Vietnamese enterprises expect to cooperate with international partners which will enable them to:
- Acquire knowledge, experience and technology.
- Seek for support through knowledge resources, management technology and commercial practices;
Vietnam Young Entrepreneurs Association and the Forum are focal points for international cooperation.